- Best savings rates: Top deals from savings platformson June 30, 2022 at 5:13 pm
A new wave of savings platforms have emerged in recent years which help savers keep track of their accounts more easily and move money into better rates after signing up.
- Savers pile billions into NS&I accountson June 28, 2022 at 9:00 pm
NS&I is Britain’s biggest savings provider and looks after £207bn for 25 million people. Premium Bonds are its most popular account.
- Best savings accounts to beat banks failing to pass on rate hikeson June 28, 2022 at 12:09 pm
The Bank of England base rate has risen five times since December, from 0.1% to 1.25%. But some major providers are yet to pass on a penny to savers.
- National Bank of Egypt’s new best buy one-year savings rate at 2.7%on June 28, 2022 at 11:09 am
Fixed-rate savings deals continue to rise, with new top accounts over one, three and five years all firing to the top of the independent This is Money best buy tables.
- How does inflation erode your savings? And what you can do to beat rising rateson June 27, 2022 at 8:44 am
The purchasing power of cash savings will be badly hit if inflation remains at current levels for prolonged periods of time.
- There’s NO panic to spend your old £20 and £50 banknoteson June 26, 2022 at 9:08 am
Although the notes will no longer be accepted in shops after September, it will be possible to exchange or deposit them at banks and post offices.
- Best cash Isas 2022: Where to get the best cash Isa rates and dealson June 24, 2022 at 5:20 pm
We pick our five favourite cash Isas for savers. This is essential Isa reading and is kept up-to-date throughout the year
- Best one year savings deals: How to get a 2.45% rateon June 24, 2022 at 4:40 pm
The best one-year fixed rate savings deal has hit 2.26%. But one simple trick enables savers to do even better.
- Best fixed rate savings deal now offered by Hargreaves Lansdownon June 24, 2022 at 4:39 pm
It has launched a cashback incentive aimed at enticing savers to sign up and use its savings platform. Savers will need to deposit at least £10k in one of its deals to benefit
- Savers can get 2.5% interest on a one-year fixed bond by using a platformon June 24, 2022 at 4:38 pm
The best one-year fixed interest rate hit 2.35% this week, but savvy savers can do even better if they make the most of the cashback deals offered by savings platforms.
- Savings rates: Four new best-buys launched with top easy access paying 1.5%on June 24, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Savings rates continued to rise after four exclusive market leading deals were launched via the savings platform, Raisin.
- Best buy savings accounts: Fixed rate deals hit 3%on June 24, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Two savings providers are offering the market leading rate, PCF Bank and Ahil United Bank . The latter is being offered exclusively via the savings platform, Raisin UK.
- Best inflation-beating savings rates: Make your money work harderon June 24, 2022 at 4:24 pm
Savers are seeing their cash pots eroded, as not a single standard account manages to pay an inflation-beating rate, This is Money’s research reveals.
- Best current accounts: Nationwide relaunches 5% interest rateon June 21, 2022 at 3:25 pm
Nationwide has increased the introductory credit interest rate on its FlexDirect current account to a market-leading 5%.
- Best current accounts: Top bank accounts for switching with rewardson June 21, 2022 at 9:20 am
How hard does your bank account work for you? Here’s our pick of the best accounts to make your money work harder, cut down on fees, or get free stuff.
- Banks must revive High St branches – or be obsolete: Strictly Business debateon June 15, 2022 at 2:08 pm
For many consumers and smaller businesses dealing with the bank has become a nightmare, so is ending branch closures the answer ro success?
- Fixed bonds back in favour with savers as rates nudge up towards 2.5%on June 15, 2022 at 8:16 am
During the pandemic, savers turned their back on bonds and withdrew £21.5bn as rates plummeted – but the tide is now turning.
- Gen Z is going cashless, but not all are ready to let goon June 14, 2022 at 10:02 am
Contactless payments are rising with 415 transactions made every second in 2021 – but not everyone is ready to let go of cash.
- How can we save a house deposit in a cost of living crisis?on June 13, 2022 at 1:26 pm
We want to buy a home in the next three years, but feel that the goalposts are constantly shifting. How can we make the most of our savings?
- Huge rate robbery behind £12bn slump for savings in cash Isason June 13, 2022 at 8:07 am
One of the key reasons for this is the scandalously low interest rates most banks and many building societies are offering savers.
- Could your teen have a forgotten Child Trust Fund? £374m was left unclaimed last yearon June 11, 2022 at 6:14 am
Britons have almost the same amount of cash languishing in matured Child Trust Funds as has been withdrawn, according to the latest figures from HMRC.
- Britons ditch cash Isas in favour of stocks and shares in attempt to beat inflationon June 9, 2022 at 6:32 am
Deposits into cash Isas plummeted £12bn in 2020/21 tax year, according to HMRC – while stocks and shares accounts saw a record £33.9bn paid in.
- Goldman Sachs Marcus matches top savings deals by raising rate to 1.3%on June 8, 2022 at 8:54 am
Marcus now matches the top payers at 1.3%. The rate includes a 0.25 percentage point bonus, up from a previous 0.1 point.
- Most savers overestimate their savings interest rate: Do you?on June 7, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Most big banks continue to pay rates of 0.1% or less – but some savers thought their money was earning 20 times that in easy access accounts.
- Virgin Money takes on Chase and ups savings rate to 1.56%:on June 7, 2022 at 6:00 am
The linked savings account knocks Chase Bank off top spot as the best paying easy-access access savings deal, albeit only on balances up to £25,000
- Abrdn under fire as it stops paying dividends by chequeon June 5, 2022 at 12:46 pm
Any dividends will be paid directly into shareholders’ bank accounts. About a million will get hit by this change at the Edinburgh-based investment giant.
- Premium Bonds turn 65: Here are 65 facts you might not knowon June 2, 2022 at 2:02 pm
NS&I’s Premium Bonds, Britain’s best-loved savings product, celebrates its 65th anniversary on Monday.
- Barclays on target to axe 103 bank branches this year aloneon June 1, 2022 at 5:47 pm
The bank announced in March that 13 would shut and confirmed a further 27 closures earlier this week.
- Virgin Money launches monthly prize draw worth one million pointson May 30, 2022 at 9:49 am
Virgin Money has launched a new prize draw offering its current account customers the chance to win one million points to spend with rewards club Virgin Red.
- Yorkshire BS and Nationwide up savings rates with best-buy dealson May 30, 2022 at 8:24 am
Yorkshire BS is offering up to 1.3% on its easy access deal, while Nationwide is offering 1%.
- Premium Bonds rate rise: Should you throw your savings in?on May 29, 2022 at 10:19 am
NS&I is finally increasing the number of Premium Bond prizes it pays out every month, boosting its 21million savers’ chances of winning.
- Chase Bank gains more than 500k customers in its first eight monthson May 27, 2022 at 3:29 pm
The digital banking provider, Chase Bank, has attracted more than 500,000 current account customers in as little as eight months.
- Almost £5bn in interest is going astray as inflation batters saverson May 25, 2022 at 9:08 am
Inflation is at its highest rate for four decades. But savers are far worse off than they were 40 years ago when easy access accounts paid 9.75%.
- Premium Bond savings rates boosted by NS&I from Juneon May 24, 2022 at 10:23 am
NS&I will increase the Premium Bonds prize fund rate from 1 to 1.4% boosting the chances of its 21m savers bagging a monthly prize.
- NS&I yet to raise savings rates despite four base rate hikes this yearon May 18, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Premium Bond prizes have been frozen at 1% since December and NS&I’s green three-year bond pays 1.3% less than savers can get elsewhere.
- Santander ramps up fraud alerts to protect customers’ online payments on May 18, 2022 at 8:26 am
Under a code of conduct introduced in May 2019, banks must present customers with ‘effective’ warnings about scams when they transfer money.
- Savings rates see largest rise in a decade: These are the best dealson May 17, 2022 at 7:31 am
We explain how the typical saver could earn £176 in a year, by switching from a low-interest account to the top easy-access deal on the market.
- Eight tricks to help you beat the savings droughton May 16, 2022 at 3:18 pm
As the gap between best and worst rates widens, savers need to stay on their toes.
- Experts accuse banks of ‘scornful disdain’ on rateson May 15, 2022 at 9:00 am
The base rate now stands at 1 per cent, but most high street instant access savings accounts still pay a paltry 0.1 per cent.
- Chase Bank launches current account refer a friend schemeon May 13, 2022 at 6:44 pm
Chase Bank has introduced a referral scheme rewarding customers with £20 each time they successfully refer someone into opening a current account.
- My son turned 18 months ago – why can’t we get hold of his NatWest Child Trust Fund? on May 12, 2022 at 6:22 am
He is keen to get hold of the money in the account, but it has been impossible to contact the team dealing with CTFs at the bank. Why?
- Savers still waiting for a fair deal despite four base rate hikeson May 11, 2022 at 8:33 am
The base rate is the highest it has been for 13 years. Yet our analysis lays bare how reluctant the big banks now are to pay decent rates to savers.
- Law to keep cash points and bank branches on high street set to be confirmed in Queen’s Speechon May 8, 2022 at 9:51 am
Mail on Sunday has campaigned tirelessly in recent years for cash to remain a payment choice on the high street.
- Top-paying regular savings rates make a welcome returnon May 4, 2022 at 9:37 am
First Direct has raised the rate on its popular account to 3.5%. If you put away the maximum £3,600 you could earn about £68 in interest.
- Lifetime Isa savers face penalties after house price surgeon May 4, 2022 at 9:24 am
The Lifetime Isa, a tax-free savings account was launched in 2017 to help younger people to save to buy their first home or for their retirement.
- Halifax apologise for jumping the gun with interest rate hike warningon May 4, 2022 at 8:08 am
The emails saying that ‘the Bank of England base rate has changed today’, were sent ahead of the Bank’s interest rate decision tomorrow.
- Green bonds: NS&I raked in just £102m in first four months of launchon May 3, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Savers have stashed £275m into NS&I’s Green savings bonds since the product was launched six months ago with most of it coming after the rate was boosted.
- Premium Bonds: Do you need to hold big sums to win big?on May 3, 2022 at 11:07 am
The two latest Premium Bond holders to become millionaires in the draw did so with big sums tied up in the popular savings product.
- Large pay packets of building society bosses still going unchallengedon May 3, 2022 at 8:41 am
In the past few days, the 2021 pay packages of the bosses of a number of big societies including Coventry, Skipton and Yorkshire were waved through.
- Britons on the brink: Nearly one in five people claim they have no disposable incomeon May 2, 2022 at 7:26 am
There has been a 45 per cent rise in people reporting they have no disposable income compared to before the pandemic, according to HSBC.
- Best easy-access savings account: Aldermore launches 1.25% dealon April 30, 2022 at 6:59 am
Aldermore Bank has fired itself to the top of our independent best buy savings tables with an easy-access rate of 1.25%.
- Best regular savings accounts: First Direct boosts rate to 3.5%on April 29, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Anyone looking to kickstart the savings habit could consider snapping up a regular savings account, especially as First Direct today upped the rate to 3.5% on its version.
- Nationwide Building Society nudges its easy-access savings rates higheron April 29, 2022 at 1:46 pm
Britain’s biggest building society will nudge rates on all of its easy-access accounts by just 0.1 percentage points.
- The best savings deals and bank account for the eco-consciouson April 28, 2022 at 4:52 pm
More than a half of Britons claim it’s important to them to be able to make greener financial choices, according to new research by RCI Bank.
- Best current accounts: Nationwide is winning the switching battleon April 28, 2022 at 1:25 pm
Santander is winning the most recent switching battle, but it’s Nationwide that is winning the war, having dominated the switching service over the past five years.
- Savings rates are climbing so don’t stick with an Insult Accounton April 28, 2022 at 9:56 am
Savings rates are up, but inflation is up even more, so what should you do? The answer is not to just decide it’s too hard and give up.
- Best one-year fixed rate savings deals have hit 2.05%on April 27, 2022 at 9:21 am
As new banks began competing in earnest for savers’ money, Charter Savings Bank increased the rate on its one-year fixed-rate bond to 2.05%.
- Best fixed savings accounts: One year deals go beyond 2%on April 26, 2022 at 8:48 am
One-year fixed rate savings deals have hit the highest levels seen for three years after six providers upped rates to 2% or more.
- Plea for more finance lessons in schools as debt crisis worsenson April 25, 2022 at 10:27 am
Personal finance lessons are currently not compulsory in primary schools and not all secondary schools teach it.
- Savers can earn 33 times more interest by switching accountson April 25, 2022 at 10:15 am
Savers have billions of pounds languishing in high street accounts earning just 0.02 per cent in annual interest on average.
- Mastercard debit cards: Why are they pinching UK customers from Visa?on April 21, 2022 at 4:25 pm
Visa has long been dominant in the UK’s debit card space but now Mastercard is looking to increase its market share as it increases its digital offering.
- Beware the top savings rates that come with a catch on April 20, 2022 at 8:58 am
There have been nearly 2,000 increases in easy-access deals in less than two months, but the accounts are becoming ever more complicated.
- Inflation at 7%: Half of Britons don’t know what it means for their savingson April 14, 2022 at 7:25 am
More than half of savers don’t know what impact inflation will have on the real value of their cash savings over time, according to research by L&G.
- Savings rates finally start to rise as banks fight for customers’ cashon April 13, 2022 at 10:15 am
Renewed competition for savings has led to more than 2,850 rate rises in the last six weeks with top easy-access deals now paying more than 0.7%.
- Nationwide building society to axe EIGHT free helplines by 2023on April 13, 2022 at 9:21 am
Nationwide customers with mortgage, loan online and mobile banking queries may soon have to pay up to 65 pence a minute to speak to an adviser.
- Savings accounts: Half of Britons don’t have oneon April 12, 2022 at 4:07 pm
A large chunk of Britons savers are Ostrichs who bury their heads in the sand when it comes to checking rates and staying loyal to their first bank.
- More than half Britons stressed about their financial situation, report findson April 11, 2022 at 8:56 am
Managing short-term finances like monthly budgeting and paying bills has also become a little bit more of a struggle, as households are only starting to feel the squeeze from rising prices.
- Best easy-access savings rates: Marcus once again offers 1%on April 8, 2022 at 1:05 pm
Marcus Bank has boosted the rate on its popular easy-access savings account and cash Isa, firing it up the best buy charts.
- Top cash Isas for new tax year: Early birds can now earn up to 0.92%on April 6, 2022 at 10:04 am
The top easy access rate of 0.92% is more than double the average rate of 0.38% and far more that the 0.01% to 0.2% you will earn with big banks.
- Beat the cost of living crisis: How to make £1k selling unwanted items from around your homeon April 5, 2022 at 4:33 pm
Many are worried about the cost of living crisis and rising energy bills, but selling your unwanted belongings online could be the key to boosting your finances as you could be missing out on £1,000.
- Best easy-access savings accounts: Cynergy Bank now takes top spoton April 5, 2022 at 10:45 am
The king is dead, long live the king. It seems like with every passing week we have a new pretender at the top of our independent best buy savings tables .
- Runaway building society gravy train rolls onon April 3, 2022 at 11:09 am
The biggest award was granted to David Cutter, boss of Skipton, who saw his financial package for 2021 leap by nearly 103 per cent to £1,309,000.
- Paragon bank launches three new best buy cash Isa deals with end of tax year loomingon April 1, 2022 at 9:28 am
Cash Isa rates continue to edge higher with Paragon Bank boosting the rate on three savings deals making them all best buys, including a one-year fixed rate account.
- Why won’t Shawbrook Bank improve the savings rate on our variable notice account?on April 1, 2022 at 6:29 am
We are on its issue 50 which comes with a variable rate. They have now launched an issue 51 for the same 120 day notice paying more.
- Best Isa rates: Santander boosts its e-Isa dealon March 29, 2022 at 8:59 am
Santander has increased the interest rate on its easy-access Isa account making it a rare major bank entry in our best buy tables .
- Best savings rates: Chase Bank launches 1.5% easy-access accounton March 28, 2022 at 8:21 am
Chase Bank has today raised the bar for savings providers by offering an easy-access rate that blows the competition out of the water.
- Platinum Jubilee 50p coin: How much are they worth?on March 27, 2022 at 10:23 am
Are these Platinum Jubilee coins selling for big bucks online, and if not, are they worth holding onto and could they grow in value like the Kew Gardens Holy Grail?
- First Direct customers must type in email and get a code to pay onlineon March 25, 2022 at 10:49 am
First Direct customers are facing the prospect of an arduous extra security check in order to make online payments.
- Best buy savings rates: Atom Bank launches 0.9% easy-access dealon March 24, 2022 at 12:18 pm
The top savings deals continue to creep upwards with savers finally starting to see the benefits of the latest quickfire base rate rises over the past three months.
- Why is Lloyds Bank set to axe up to 100 MORE branches?on March 20, 2022 at 9:29 am
Charlie Nunn, the new boss of Lloyds, is busy restructuring its commercial and retail businesses.
- New fraud checks may see your card declined when you shop onlineon March 17, 2022 at 1:38 pm
Customers will be sent a code by their bank – usually to their mobile. This could cause major headaches for those with patchy home reception or buying out and about.
- Top savings rates as just 1 in 10 banks pass on rate riseon March 15, 2022 at 9:30 am
The average easy access savings rate is now 0.25% according to Moneyfacts, while customers of the biggest banks are still languishing on deals paying 0.1 per cent.
- Shoppers face extra ID checks on quarter of online purchaseson March 14, 2022 at 2:20 pm
New measures aimed at preventing fraud will require extra ID checks such as fingerprint or facial ID, text message passcodes or a phone call.
- Best easy-access savings deals: Marcus Bank boosts rateon March 10, 2022 at 8:50 am
Marcus Bank has upped the rate on its popular easy access savings account nudging it higher on the best buy league tables.
- Gold prices: Royal Mint Little Treasures account – is it any good?on March 9, 2022 at 11:09 am
Deciding how to save or invest for a child’s financial future is a dilemma faced by many parents. One lesser known route is being offered by the Royal Mint, the home of UK coinage.
- Big banks snub savers despite cashing in on mortgage hikeson March 9, 2022 at 9:51 am
So far, only HSBC has made any attempt to edge up its rates on easy-access accounts. Its Flexible Saver now pays 0.1%, up from 0.01%.
- Santander increases interest rate on its popular 123 current account to 0.5%on March 8, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Santander has today announced that it is upping the in-credit interest rate on its popular 123 current account for the first time after a series of cuts over the years.
- Has the pandemic changed our relationship with cash forever?on March 7, 2022 at 11:13 am
Half of Britons are using less physical cash now than pre-pandemic, suggesting the last last two years may have permanently changed attitudes towards coins and notes.
- Where can I get the best easy-access savings rate?on March 4, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Despite the fixed rate savings market paying considerably better returns than easy-access deals at present, many savers prefer to keep their cash within reach.
- Banks bosses STILL refuse to pass on interest boost to saverson February 28, 2022 at 9:11 am
In the race by the banks to restore their profits, beef up their balance sheets and keep shareholders sweet, savers have been forgotten.
- NS&I glitch: 349k savers left waiting up to six months for intereston February 24, 2022 at 1:33 pm
The problem has hit some 349,000 savers with funds worth just over £1.1bn in total, as well as 999 Premium Bond winners with prizes worth a combined £27,175.
- Banks offer 14% interest (if you switch current account)on February 24, 2022 at 9:11 am
Tumbleweed. That’s what big banks are giving savers in the aftermath of two rate rises in quick succession.
- The top savings rates that last for just FIVE DAYSon February 23, 2022 at 9:19 am
Smaller banks often attract more money than they need and once they have reached their quota, they swiftly close their doors to new savers.
- Best buy savings rates: Yorkshire ups easy-access dealson February 22, 2022 at 8:10 am
Yorkshire Building Society has launched two easy-access savings accounts which now offer a competitive return.
- Best buy savings: Virgin Money offering 1% to current account customerson February 21, 2022 at 9:11 am
Virgin Money current account customers will now have access to a market leading savings rate of 1 per cent.
- Best buy savings rates creep higher as Atom and Al Rayan Bank boost rateson February 18, 2022 at 4:22 pm
The top of the savings marked edged higher today after challenger bank, Atom, and the UK’s oldest and largest Islamic bank, Al Rayan, upped rates.
- Are your card details being sold on the dark web?on February 18, 2022 at 7:25 am
Thousands of Britons are unaware that their debit or credit card numbers are being sold on the dark web.
- Banking Hub Company looks to install cash services in towns where banks have closed brancheson February 17, 2022 at 8:32 am
The company will oversee the rollout of money services in communities that face the closure of a cash machine or bank branch.
- Rashford teams up with Natwest to teach money skills to youngsterson February 16, 2022 at 8:05 am
The Manchester United striker (pictured) is working with the lender in a programme to help under-privileged teenagers with their finances.
- NS&I green bonds: The savings account sees its rate upped to 1.3%on February 16, 2022 at 7:46 am
NS&I has launched a new issue of its green savings bonds, doubling the rate of return on offer to 1.3%. It could leave the few who have already invested feeling aggrieved.
- Charity bank accounts: HSBC charges £5 a month – what options are there?on February 14, 2022 at 9:35 am
HSBC is now charging for her charity account – are there any options for her to move to for free banking?
- NatWest axes 32 branches… and tries to keep it quiet!on February 13, 2022 at 9:49 am
Although the bank made no official announcement of the 32 branches that it will axe, it confirmed its decision after it was leaked to us.
- Best fixed rate savings accounts: Deals are on the riseon February 12, 2022 at 7:23 am
Fixed rate savings deals are on the rise following the Bank of England’s base rate decision last week, with two challenger banks upped their rates.
- Bank of Dave story to be made into a Netflix film starring Rory Kinnearon February 10, 2022 at 3:53 pm
The story of how Dave Fishwick became a self-made millionaire and set up a community bank to battle big boys is being made into a movie, we can reveal.
- NS&I boosts rates on its Direct Saver and Income Bondson February 10, 2022 at 3:14 pm
National Savings and Investments has increased the interest rates on some of its savings accounts for the third time in four months.
- Savers can earn up to 74 times more interest by switching dealson February 9, 2022 at 9:30 am
The Aldermore Double Access account pays one of the highest rates offered in 15 months at 0.75%. By comparison, big banks pay a miserly 0.01%.
- Banks are plotting 800 more branch closureson February 7, 2022 at 10:02 am
Banking experts believe the new requirements remain far too lenient towards the banks. Like many, 1970s singer Dave Bartram is speaking out.
- Best buy savings: Top one-year fix and easy-access launchedon February 4, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Rate starved savers are seeing somewhat of a base rate bounce following the Bank of England’s decision yesterday to up the bank rate from 0.25 to 0.5%.
- Best easy-access savings accounts: How £99bn of cash went in last yearon February 4, 2022 at 9:34 am
Savers are piling their cash into easy access deals rather than opting for fixed rates or Isa products, new research has found.
- Best current accounts for free cash to switchon February 4, 2022 at 9:00 am
Big banks may be refusing to pass on base rate rises to savers, but they are back to offering juicy incentives to current account switchers.
- Why is it such a faff to switch savings accounts? on February 2, 2022 at 9:40 am
A flurry of banks and building societies raised interest rates last week as the Bank of England is tomorrow expected to hike the base rate again.
- Best savings accounts: How top rates are pulled quicklyon February 1, 2022 at 2:02 pm
Diligent savers hunting for the best deals may have noticed that some of the top deals have vanished since the start of 2022.
- Post Office deal ensures access to banking services at it brancheson January 29, 2022 at 9:50 pm
The agreement means that customers of all the big banks – including small businesses – will be able to use the Post Office to do basic banking.
- Nationwide still won’t put up easy access interest rateon January 29, 2022 at 9:50 pm
It means rates on its Instant Access Saver and Instant Isa Saver accounts will stick at between 0.01 and 0.05 per cent – depending on the balance.
- Domestic abuse victims are often coerced into debt, warns charityon January 28, 2022 at 4:36 pm
A common tactic of abusers is to ‘de-skill’ a victim so they are unable to make independent financial decisions, says the organisation Surviving Economic Abuse.
- Nationwide finally ups the rates on SOME of its savings dealson January 27, 2022 at 12:43 pm
Nationwide Building Society has today announced that it will be upping rates on a number of its savings deals.
- Three building societies finally pass on some of the base rate rise to saverson January 26, 2022 at 5:49 pm
Three of Britain’s biggest mutuals are finally set to increase the interest rates on a number of savings deals, following last month’s Bank of England base rate rise.
- Best current accounts: NatWest and Santander now offering cashon January 26, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Savvy Britons will be looking at ways to negate the cost of living crunch – and one way is to take advantage of bribes on offer to switch current account.
- Amount withdrawn from cash machines falls even further in 2021on January 21, 2022 at 12:01 am
People are continuing to use less cash after new figures revealed the number of ATM withdrawals fell 6% annually.
- Lottery savings accounts: Yorkshire BS launch Make Me a Saveron January 20, 2022 at 8:11 am
Yorkshire Building Society has launched a new regular savings account offering savers the chance to win one of ten £1,500 cash prizes each month.
- How do I cash in Premium Bonds from overseas?on January 18, 2022 at 7:17 am
My grandson, 19, was bought £10,000 worth of Premium Bonds when he was a child, and until 2018 any prizes were reinvested automatically.
- Best easy-access savings accounts: Family BS now offer 0.72%on January 17, 2022 at 2:40 pm
The Family Building Society has launched a best buy easy-access savings deal paying 0.72%.
- Best apps to help savers put more money away and bag better returnson January 13, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Some apps round-up spending and divert it to a savings pot, others help you manage your money in one place – we run the rule over them.
- We reveal how banks are cashing in… the £2.7bn savings robberyon January 10, 2022 at 8:21 am
Savers accounts are on average receiving a quarter of the interest they were getting when the Bank of England base rate was last at 0.25 per cent for a sustained period.
- Platinum Jubilee coins: Here’s what they’re selling foron January 7, 2022 at 8:17 am
One of Britain’s largest coins has been unveiled by the Royal Mint – but the mark-up on current gold prices is more than £150,000.
- How to build a savings safety net every time you put the dishwasher onon January 5, 2022 at 9:27 am
With energy prices soaring and the pandemic still threatening the economy, 2022 is as good a time as any to build a savings safety net.
- Have big banks abandoned savers? Easy access deals at rock-bottomon January 5, 2022 at 9:04 am
Two of the big banks are also now no longer interested in taking on new customers, iallowing only existing customers to open an easy-access account.
- EXPOSED: How six top building society bosses rake in a fortuneon January 2, 2022 at 8:53 am
It was widely expected that building societies would immediately push up rates in the wake of last month’s increase in Bank base rate.
- Why 2022 could be the year savings interest rates finally start to improveon December 30, 2021 at 9:05 am
The cost of living is vastly outpacing the returns savers are making, but the tide could start to turn in 2022. Here’s how to get the most out of your savings pot.
- Ten days after rate rise and STILL the banks do nothingon December 26, 2021 at 12:02 am
It means millions of bank savers continue to receive a derisory 0.01 per cent of annual interest on their money in instant access savings accounts and cash Isas – 10p for every £1,000 saved.
- Shamed: the banks that paid you just 10p… for every £1,000 you savedon December 22, 2021 at 9:55 am
Savers have a huge £967.4bn in easy access accounts and the big banks paying a pittance hold around two-thirds of the balances.
- NS&I ups savings rates for second time in two monthson December 21, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Treasury-backed bank is upping rate on three accounts to 0.35%, but this still falls far short of the best buys on the market.
- Trawden story offers hope for towns facing exodus by the big bankson December 19, 2021 at 4:49 pm
Their fighting spirit sends out a positive message to communities up and down the country that they can fight back against big city and public institutions.
- It’s time for banks to shell out and reward savers now as rates go upon December 19, 2021 at 9:32 am
Savers have paid a heavy price over the past 14 years as various Governments have sought to rescue the country from financial and economic crises.
- How savers can try to weather the inflation stormon December 16, 2021 at 10:18 am
Savers may feel they are left with little choice other than to watch their cash be eroded away by inflation, but there are steps they can take.
- Banks agree to share more branches in fight to save cashon December 15, 2021 at 9:35 am
The trial in Glasgow has seen NatWest, Lloyds, Santander, Barclays and HSBC, take it turns to offer a service one day a week from two hub branches.
- Premium Bond winners could have prizes confiscatedon December 15, 2021 at 9:26 am
More than 20 million customers hold Premium Bonds which are entered into a draw every month with the chance of winning £1m.
- The Welsh HGV driver who won £100k in Halifax’s Savers Prize Drawon December 14, 2021 at 7:17 am
Timothy Davies, 61, from the town of Llanelli, in Dyfed will be celebrating in style this Christmas after winning £100,000 in Halifax’s latest Savers Prize draw.
- Plea to give primary school children lessons in moneyon December 12, 2021 at 9:18 am
Financial education has much improved in recent years. Today, more than half leave school having been taught about money matters.
- If banks can’t provide alternatives, they must halt branch closureson December 10, 2021 at 9:58 am
The rate of branch closures increased significantly in 2021, peaking with an average of 99 closures per month between June and August.
- Savings platforms: Could they help boost your rate?on December 9, 2021 at 9:07 am
We have launched a new savings table to our collection – the best bonus rates on offer from a new wave of platform, such as Raisin and AvivaSave.
- Tally Money: Is its 2% gold ‘savings’ account safe?on December 7, 2021 at 11:10 am
The account, open to those depositing between £1,000 and £20,000, has been launched by e-money provider Tally Money.
- After raft of closures… at last a lifeline for your local bankon December 5, 2021 at 10:08 am
It is likely to pave the way for the rollout of shared branches or banking hubs. These are branches where the running costs are shared by the major banks.
- Cashback with no purchase in 2,000 stores by the end of the yearon December 2, 2021 at 4:02 pm
Access to cash may become easier with the help of a scheme enabling people to get money from retailer’ tills without having to buy anything.
- Start saving now for Christmas 2022 and lock into a 5% interest rate on December 1, 2021 at 9:19 am
Banks have launched a host of regular savings accounts paying top rates of up to 5% to help customers fund the festive season next year.
- Britons will spend over £1.5MILLION during their lifeon November 30, 2021 at 4:29 pm
The cost of living in Britain over a person’s lifetime is over £1.5m, new findings have claimed as the nation feels the squeeze amid soaring energy costs and dismal interest rates on cash savings.
- Best easy-access savings rates: Brown Shipley offers 1.11% via Raisinon November 30, 2021 at 7:43 am
Brown Shipley’s easy-access deal, which pays 0.61%, is available through the savings platform Raisin , which in turn, is offering a £50 welcome bonus
- Everything you need to know about savings! This is Money podcaston January 25, 2019 at 4:41 pm
When savings is mentioned, the first thought that springs to mind for many is: rates are low, what’s the point? We take a look in the latest This is Money podcast special.
- How to invest and save for your children – the This is Money podcaston December 7, 2018 at 4:47 pm
It might not be on the top of your to-do list when you have a child, but investing and saving for them to build a tidy nest egg for when they reach adulthood is best done sooner rather than later.
- Savings compensation and protection: Bank ownership and licenceson September 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
The way you spread out your savings with banks is crucial in terms of protection and compensation. We show you how to get protected.
Friday, July 01, 2022